Why is the Parent Association so important?
It is our responsibility to develop a close relationship between the teaching staff, the parents and others involved in the school. At the same time we are engaged in activities to support the school and to improve the quality of education.
A membership in the Parent Association (PA) includes automatic participation in the school community and it will offer you a number of advantages. It is important to be active and take advantage of our position within the school system.
- The PA represents the parents at all levels within ESK.
- The PA provides information and answers your questions.
- Through the PA you participate in the school life of your child.
- When conflicts arise, the PA offers support and advice.
- The PA creates the social connection between the parents, teachers, and staff through arranging events and festivals such as the ESCafé and the Summer Fest.
- In special hardship cases, the PA can provide financial support for class trips and school trips through our Social Fund.
We represent the interests of parents at the Educational Council, at the Administrative Board, in Interparents, and in all areas and working groups affiliated with the school. Additionally, members of the Board take part in monthly meetings with the direction of the school.
The PA Committee (PAC) meets twice a month, on the first and third Wednesday evenings. The members of the PAC and the SectionReps are the points of contact for information and guidance for the parent Class Representatives (ClassReps).
Furthermore, the PAC keeps the parents informed about the content of their meetings and keeps the parents up-to-date regarding the progress and development at the school through their ClassReps.